Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Paddy's Surprise!

Since things never seem to work out the way we plan, we shouldn't be too surprised but we are. 


Considering that I can't even figure out how to flip the picture the right direction it should also come as no surprise that I read the test wrong.  Initially I called Brian in to see the faint line that goes horizontal because it was pretty faint.  After saying that he saw it too we happily went about our morning.  An hour passed before he came back to me and said I had read it wrong.  Now, for those of you that are aware of our 9 year trek to get the 2 kids we have, you also know of the morning that I did a happy dance for 10 minutes only to hear "oh wait" because he had misread the EPT.  From then on out, I only bought First Response but he bought this box so there you have it. 

So, let's review, we decided that yes we wanted a third kid, planned when we would start but were shocked that it actually worked like it's supposed to.  Also surprising was finding out this morning that my doctor no longer does the ob part of the ob/gyn.  I have to pick another doctor but I don't know who or where.  I can stay in this particular practice but I'm unfamiliar with a number of the doctors and would genuinely like some recommendations.  All of these things have been pushing me towards telling sooner than I planned but the saddest one of all (not even counting that I don't think I can keep my own secret) is that since the weather has turned warmer, I've had to pull out the seasonal clothes.  In doing so I remembered that I needed to lose about 5 pounds to get into them and 10 pounds if I wanted to get in them comfortably.  There's a pretty good chance I'll be in maternity clothes in the next few weeks.  There's also the unavoidable issue of the nausea that makes me do things like sleep on the couch for 35 weeks, throw toasters off the deck and gag when my husband tries to hug me. 

I'll save the issue of trying to sell one house and build another before November for another time...

No comments: